Time to Implement: 10min
Before making any changes to your Theme files or code its recommended to backup your current configuration. This will then give you a quick way to return to your previous state should anything go wrong.
- Log on to you Shopify store (if you havent already) via https://<yourstorename>.myshopify.com/admin
- This will take you to your stores Dashboard.
- In the lower left hand side you will see an option called ‘Online Store’. Click on it
- It will expand to present further options. Click on the option titled ‘Themes’
- From the ‘Actions’ menu, select the ‘Duplicate’ option
- This will now create a Copy of your running theme – aptly named ‘Copy of <your current theme name>’
- To make it easy to remember – we suggest you choose to rename it by clicking on the ‘Actions’ drop down and choosing the ‘Rename’ option
- Give it a good name like – theme and backup date so you will find it easy to recognise later
- It will then show up as an unpublished theme below you current theme
- Congratulations – you just created a backup of your theme!