The purpose of this article is to explain the configurable settings available to you within the Pro Blogger application to manage the integration of Pinterest in your blog.
It also assumes you have completed the Liquid Installation instructions found here.
Getting to the Application
- Log on to you Shopify store (if you havent already) via https://<yourstorename>.myshopify.com/admin
- This will take you to your stores Dashboard.
- In the lower left hand side you will see an option called ‘Applications’. Click on it
- This will open the Apps dashboard in the right pane. In the list you will see the ‘Pro Blogger’ app. Click on it
- This will open the up the app console as per the below.
- Click on Accordion option labelled ‘Pinterest Integration’
- Enable/Disable – The Master Switch. Turning this on (with liquid installed) will enable Pins on images, Rich Pin support and Validation and off.. well that will turn it off.
- Pin Shape – Choose the shape of Pins on your Articles images.
- Pin Size – Change the size of the your pins
- Rich Pins – Rich pins mean when a user or yourself pins an image from your site to a Pinterest board it will include a number of other pieces of information such as
- Pinterest Website Validation – This allows you to set the maximum number of items in the slider.
- Use standard image sizes and shapes (preferably square) for your Products. This will ensure they look great!
- For horizontal sliders its recommended to have a maximum (10) Slider Size and a Display number of 3-5 depending on your site display width
- For vertical/side bar sliders its recommended to display 1 item and reduce the Slider Size 3-4. This prevents bunching of the scroll dots and looks cleaner.