[Release] Instant Brand Version 5.0
We are pleased to release version 5.0 of the Instant Brand Page.
Its our biggest yet as it provides fundamental improvements to both look and performance that will also serve as a stepping stone to full OS 2 app extension compatibility in the very near future.
- The layout and grid logic for all templates (list, horizontal, vertical, page and catalogue has been rebuilt to be cleaner in load and provide a more optimal mobile experience.
- Mobile view will no longer default to single column view and will be governed by the number of columns specified in desktop or by the image size when showing images. This means that where templates use images of around 160px - these should represent as multi column in mobile view.
- Slider images in mobile view are also scaled down to serve a more hi resolution and compact image.
- Has been updated to harmonise accents so they fit in with the standard roman numeral alphabet
- Brand index has also been covnerted to use flex display for better display and mobile support.
- List file population and management has been moved to metafields to enable better cross theme support and future OS2 app extension compatibility
- Collection mapping performance has been improved by using the instant brand scan data before validating collection information against the store. This resolves timeouts where stores have several thousand collections.
- In stock brand tagging has been converted to use the instant brand scan metafield. Providing future OS2 compatibility and scaling for stores with more than 1k products.
- On sale brand tagging has been converted to use the instant brand scan metafield. Providing future OS2 compatibility and scaling for stores with more than 1k products.